Digital Health Rewired keynote speaker, Ming Tang, has been named the most influential person in data and analytics in 2021 by DataIQ.
Tang, who is NHS England’s managing director of data and analytics, led a 300-strong team of data analysts in the UK’s fight against coronavirus.
DataIQ, a membership body for the data and analytics profession, described the effort as “providing a critical backbone” in the pandemic efforts.
Tang, who will be delivering a keynote during the AI and Data Summit at Rewired on 19 March, said her proudest achievement was “being able to hire and develop the right individuals, empowering them to fly and ensuring that they are outcome-driven”.
This year’s DataIQ power list of the industry’s key figures recognises the work undertaken globally to tackle the pandemic.
David Reed, knowledge and strategy director at DataIQ, said: “We had a record-breaking 1,000-plus nominations to review this year. What became clear is that data is now a frontline tool for all types of organisations, especially when dealing with market disruption.
“Our 2021 list reflects the scale and pace of this change and the individuals who are responding to it.”
The top ten people named in DataIQ’s power list were:
- Ming Tang, managing director of data and analytics, NHS England
- Wade Munsie, global chief data officer, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Johanna Hutchinson, director of data and data science – Joint Biosecurity Centre, Department of Health and Social Care
- Jim Weatherall, vice president, data science and AI, AstraZeneca R&D
- Anita Fernqvist, chief data officer and director of operations, Zurich Insurance UK
- Scott Joslin, SVP data strategy, international data, technology, operations and innovation, WarnerMedia
- Neil McIvor, chief data officer and chief statistician, Department for Education
- Andy Hill, global vice president of information and analytics, Unilever
- Tom Spencer, head of customer data science, Aviva
- Robert Kent, chief data officer, Pets at Home
Also included in the list is Rony Arafin who is the assistant director of information at Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust and chief operating officer, AphA CIC.
We are the hosts of Digital Health Rewired 2021, the must-attend virtual festival celebrating the best of digital health and care, taking place across 15-19 March 2021. Get a flavour of Rewired 2021 from the video below. You can book your place here