Slow cooker recipes are great all the time but even more perfect for fall. Slow cookers are a quick and simple way to meal prep or cook dinner. Plus, nothing better than warm food on a cold day. Here is one of our favorite slow cooker recipes. This recipe is perfect as soup, on top of rice, or with tortilla chips. Bonus – this recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and can be made vegan without adding chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 green or red pepper chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag of corn (12 ounces)
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 can green enchilada sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (fire-roasted for extra spice)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can pinto beans (pureed)
- Additional toppings: rice, tortilla chips, avocado, cheese, etc.
- Add vegetable broth, minced garlic, spices, chopped pepper, black beans, corn, green chiles, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, and chicken to slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Puree can of pinto beans (you can use a blender or food processor)
- Remove chicken from cooker and shred. Add back into the pot.
- Add pureed beans and mix into soup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try this out for dinner and let us know how you like it. Tag us @VASAFITNESS.